Ohio Metrc Integration
Adilas Is Pleased to Announce API Integration with Ohio’s Metrc Tracking System.
Ohio has elected Metrc to be their statewide Cannabis Tracking System, and Adilas has made connecting to the new Metrc system easier with our API Integration Tools.
If you haven’t yet procured an API key from Metrc, follow these steps:
- Apply and receive your business approval from the Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program (MMCP), following all application procedures and processes required. To answer more questions on this step, you can find the MMCP guidance website here, or you can visit the Ohio Medical Marijuana Registry Dispensary Licensee Resources here.
- Once the MMCP has awarded you a license, you should be clear to register for training on Metrc’s Ohio website (here), or schedule training by clicking here:At this point, you can choose to watch a few training videos, or go ahead and sign all of your employees up for training. Please read the Metrc requirements for training certification for OH, as there are several steps and tests to perform before certification is complete. (See further instructions here.)
- Once the training has been completed and Metrc has awarded you the certifications required, you can sign into the Metrc system by visiting www.metrc.com and clicking the “log in” link on the home page and selecting Ohio from the dropdown menu.
- Click the link “First Time Users, use your log-in key” at the bottom of the page and enter in your Metrc issued login key to set up your login user name and password.
- Once logged in, click on the user profile in the top right corner and select “API Keys” from the pulldown menu.
- Click the “Generate” Button and your new custom API key will be generated. Copy that API by highlighting it and pressing Ctrl and C (on PC) or Command and C (on Mac) to save it to your system memory.
Once you have an API Key:
- From your Metrc API Homepage, click on the link for “Metrc API Setup”.
- Scroll down the page until you see the Metrc logo.
- Switch the Authorization field from “No Thanks – Keep this door closed” to “Yes – I want to open this door!”
- Paste the new API key that Metrc gave you into the field labeled “Metrc User API Key”.
- Type your license number into the field labeled “License Number”.
- Select “OH” from the “State” field.
- Select “Transactional (live, each invoice as created)” from the Sales Reporting Connection Type pulldown menu.
- Click the “Save Settings” button.
- Your Adilas system is now connected to Metrc.
We encourage you to use the information and tools found here and on the MMCP website (here) to become a successful industry licensee in this newly established market. We eagerly look forward to working with you as you grow in this emerging industry.
Some other helpful links:
MCCC Licensing Page: MCCC Licensing Requests
OH Metrc: Metrc/OH
Metrc Support Page: Metrc Support
Adilas News & Updates: News & Updates
Metrc Homepage: Metrc Homepage
OH Login Homepage: Ohio Metrc
For Your Information
Please note that the “General Search” only brings up “General News and Updates” category items. If you are looking for something specific, please use the search options available on this side panel. Learn more about the News and Updates.